"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Saturday, June 18, 2011

Top Tunes for the Baby Boomers

This amusing piece was forwarded by Josie (my BFF).  Thank you, sistah!

Some of the artists of the 60's are revising their hits with new lyrics to accommodate aging baby boomers who can remember doing the "Limbo” as if it were yesterday.

They include:
Bobby  Darin ---
Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' A Flash

Herman's  Hermits ---
Mrs.  Brown, You've Got a Lovely Walker

Ringo Starr  ---
I Get By With A Little Help From Depends

The Bee Gees ---
How  Can You Mend A Broken Hip?
Roberta  Flack ---
The  First Time Ever I Forgot Your Face
Johnny  Nash ---
I  Can't See Clearly Now.

Paul  Simon ---
Fifty  Ways To Lose Your Liver
The  Commodores ---
Once,  Twice, Three Times To The Bathroom
Procol  Harem---
A  Whiter Shade Of Hair
 
Leo Sayer  ---
 You Make Me  Feel Like Napping

The  Temptations --- 
Papa's Got  A Kidney Stone
Abba ---
Denture Queen 

"You  haven't seen my teeth have you Wilma?  
Tony Orlando  ---
Knock  3 Times On The Ceiling If You Hear Me Fall
Helen Reddy  ---
I Am  Woman, Hear Me Snore

Leslie  Gore---
It's  My Procedure, 
and I'll  Cry If I Want To 
And  Last but NOT least...

Willie  Nelson ---
On the Commode Again



In case you didn’t notice it the first time around - Depends now has a new motto!