"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pep talk from a Halls drop

Inspired by the cold, nasty wintertime weather, I’ve developed a Vitamin C supplement drop addiction.  Every time I'm out waiting for my bus driver, or feeling bored at my work desk, I would pop a Vitamin C drop in my mouth.  This seemingly ordinary, though not totally insignificant act, typically brings me joy, knowing that I’m doing something to ward off the common viruses.

But it’s been an uneventful so-so routine really until a few days ago when I noticed the Halls wrapper that contained my Vitamin C drop.  I was about to toss it into the trash can when something caught my eye.  A Eureka moment!  Dark blue-colored cheery words of encouragement for uplifting the spirit were printed on the white and gold wrapper!  Because I’m a bit of a nosy creature, my thirst for discovery needed to be quenched.  That inspired me to spend a moment to read all the quotes in every wrapper.  A wrapped drop contains at least five comforting lines.  So I dug out all the assorted citrus flavored drops (80 in all) from the plastic bag so that I could gather the quotes and share with everyone.

Seize the day.
Tough is your middle name.
Buckle down and push forth!
Nothing you can’t handle!
Power through!
Be unstoppable.
Don't wait to get started.
Push on!
Take charge and mean it.
Put your game face on.
Bet on yourself.
March forward!
Don’t try harder.  Do harder.
The show must go on.  Or work.
You’ve survived tougher.
Fire up those engines!
Don’t waste a precious minute.
Let’s hear your battle cry.
Elicit a few “wows” today.
You got it in you.
Flex your “can do” muscle.
Put a little strut in it.
Keep your chin up.
Hi-five yourself.
Turn “can do” into “can did”!
Get through it.
Don’t give up on yourself.
You’ve survived tougher.
Nothing you can’t handle.
Impress yourself today.
Dust off and get up.
Get back in the game.
You can do it and you know it.
It's yours for the taking.
Be resilient.
Conquer today.
Get back in there champ!
Go get it!
Inspire envy.


The "A PEP TALK IN EVERY DROPTM" statement is on every wrapper and sums up the mission statement of the Halls Vitamin C supplement drop marketing campaign.  There might be more nuggets of wisdom in every Halls package, but the above is what I gathered from mine.  It's good enough for me!

I love, love, love it when a company takes the initiative to go over and beyond their purpose in the consumer market.  It is apparent that the company that produces the Halls drops would like to improve the consumers' mental attitude by incorporating timeless positive reinforcements into their marketing strategy.  It means that the people behind the company care about their consumers, not only with regards to maintaining the health of their bodies, but also in uplifting their mental spirit.  They care enough to make their lives better by adding go-getter quotes that can do wonders for the human soul.  Cheering consumers to tackle life like a winner is a very smart, and thoughtful move!

On behalf of the Vitamin C drop consuming public, thank you, Halls!  If I may add my own quote to your list, here it goes:  Just shine!