"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Prayers for the home

Being Roman Catholic, I have an everlasting attachment to prayers.  You can say that praying has become my second skin.  Besides myself, many folks out there find the daily exercise of praying soothing... even healing.  Below are are some prayers seeking protection in the most important area of our lives... our comfort zone... our beloved home. 


KITCHEN PRAYER


Bless this kitchen, Lord, and those who gather here each day.
Let it be a place where we can meet to love and laugh and pray.
Amen. 
 

PRAYER FOR THE HOME


We beseech You, O Lord, visit this home, and drive far from it all the snares of the enemy; let Your holy angels dwell therein so as to preserve us in peace; and let Your blessing be always upon us. Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

A NIGHT PRAYER


Eternal Father, I desire to rest in Thy Heart this night. I make the intention of offering to Thee every beat of my heart, joining to them as many acts of love and desire. I pray that even while I am asleep, I will bring back to Thee souls that offend Thee. I ask forgiveness for the whole world, especially for those who know Thee and yet sin. I offer to Thee my every breath and heartbeat as a prayer of reparation.
Amen.


PRAYER IN TIME OF NEED


Jesus, do not leave me alone in suffering. You know, Lord, how weak I am. I am an abyss of wretchedness, I am nothingness itself; So what will be so strange If You leave me alone and I fall?
I am an infant, Lord, So I cannot get along by myself. However, beyond all
abandonment I trust, And in spite of my own feeling I trust, And I am being completely transformed into trust, Often in spite of what I feel.
Do not lessen any of my sufferings, Only give me
strength to bear them. Do with me as You please, Lord, Only give me the grace to be able to love You, In every event and circumstances.
Lord, do not lessen my cup of bitterness, Only give me
strength That I may be able to drink it all.
Amen.
 

A PRAYER FOR MIRACLES


Jesus, Your array of miracles, A true manifestation of Your Divinity, Draws the admiration of searching souls. Never let it be said, "Miracles do not exist!". You are the living example of such actions. Bless me with the faith to always believe, To affirm the Supreme Power of Your miracles, Be they of a physical or spiritual nature. Grant me the aptitude to instantly perceive The source of all supernatural occurrences, So only Your Excellence shall be glorified. Jesus, my existence is a wondrous miracle!

A PRAYER FOR SAFETY FROM SATAN


May it be known all over the world, that Satan, the prince of darkness is real! He disguises himself as the light, Entrapping and hauling the unprepared. He spreads the seeds of disruption, Then sits back, waiting to gather the crop. As I draw nearer to Jesus' fiery love, I also draw the evil of Satan's attacks. Jesus, protect me from such great evil. Let not Satan or his fiends approach me. Keep me under Your harmonious auspice, for I am Your follower of righteousness!