"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Prayers for miscellaneous needs

The following prayers should help those who find themselves needing to send specific intentions, but are at a loss for words on how to express their requests.

PRAYER FOR THOSE LIVING ALONE



Heavenly Father, my true Provider, in all my daily needs, protect and guide me. Spare me from fire and flood, from thieves, fear and evil in any form. If sickness or accident befall me, send a messenger of love to attend me. When I am feeling low, lift up my heart. I live alone dear Lord, yet because I know your presence is ever near, I will have no fear.
Amen.

WHEN IN DESOLATION



Lord, listen to my prayer, turn your ear to my appeal. You are faithful, you are just; give answer.
Do not call your servant to judgment for no one is just in your sight.
The enemy pursues my soul; he has crushed my life to the ground; he has made me dwell in darkness like the dead, long forgotten. Therefore my spirit fails; my heawrt is numb within me.
I remember the days that are past; I ponder all your works. I muse on what your hand has wrought and to you I stretch out my hands. Like a parched land my soul thirsts for you.
Lord, make haste and answer: for my spirit fails within me. Do not hide your face lest I become like those in the grave.
In the morning let me know your love for I put my trust in you. Make me know the way I should walk; to you I lift up my soul.
Rescue me, Lord, from my enemies; I have fled to you for refuge. Teach me to do your will for you, O Lord, are my God. Let your good Spirit guide me in ways that are level and smooth.
For your name's sake, save my life; in your justice save my soul from distress.
In your love make an end of my foes; destroy all those who oppress me for I am your servant, O Lord.

PRAYER IN SORROW



God of all consolation, in your unending love and mercy for us, you turn the darkness of death into the dawn of new life. Show compassion to your people in sorrow. Be our refuge and our strength to lift us from the darkness of this grief to peace and joy in your presence. We ask this through Christ, our Lord.


A PRAYER FOR PROTECTION


O My God, I adore Thee and I love Thee with all my heart. I thank Thee for having created me, for having made me a Catholic and for having watched over me this day. Pardon me for the evil I have done this day; and if I have done any good, deign to accept it. Watch over me while I take my rest and deliver me from danger. May Thy grace be always with me.
Amen.
 

PRAYER IN TIME OF SLEEPLESSNESS


Lord Jesus Christ, During Your earthly sojourn You went sleepness at times and spent whole nights in prayer. But there were many other times when You slept. I cannot seem to get to sleep these nights and I cannot even pray.
Please help me cure this sickness, Lord, for I desperately need sleep to do my work and to behanve as a pleasant human being as well as to act in a christian manner. Enable me to get a goods nights sleep, or at least to spend my time in prayer with You.
Thank You Lord.


PRAYER FOR THE JOY OF FORGIVENESS


Heavenly father, through the obedience of Jesus, Who offered His Life in the service of all, help me with Your Kindness. Make me strong through the Eucharist. May I put into action the saving Mystery I celebrate in the Mass. Protect me with Your Love and prepare me for eternal happiness.

PRAYER FOR HOPE IN THE MIDST OF DESTRUCTION


God of mercy, you know the secrets of all human hearts, for you know who is just and you forgive the repentant sinner. Hear my prayer in the midst of destruction; give me patience and hope, so that under your protection and with you as my guide, I may one day be reunited with my family and friends in peace, tranquility, and love. Grant this through Christ our Lord.