"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Monday, April 25, 2011

An Easter blessing

Easter Sunday was another occasion for me to feel God’s blessing.

On Saturday my home computer found itself in a bind.  I was working online when out of the blue a message popped up on the screen:  Firewall disabled threatening online intrusions possible.”  I attempted to go to my computer’s Security Center to enable the firewall, but a message box containing an XP Anti-Spyware 2011 solicitation ad kept popping up.  Not only could I not turn on the firewall, my access to the Internet was blocked!  (Don't computer hackers ever take a day off?)

It was early evening and my cyber lifeline, the Microsoft technical support folks, was no longer available.  So I had no choice but to call it a day, close my eyes and hope that come Sunday a computer virus wouldn’t spoil my joy over my Savior’s Resurrection.  Before I went to sleep, a Voice in my head told me to quit worrying because the next day my problem would be solved.

Easter came and before noontime I was showered with God’s amazing grace.  I tried to call the Microsoft line but the recording greeted me every time I connected.  It was a sign that the folks were off enjoying their holiday break.  I almost felt crushed because without my computer, I seem to feel disabled!  The Internet has been my link to worldwide family and friends as well as my invisible passport to the world. 

Out of nowhere a Voice (the Holy Spirit I’m sure) told me to turn on my computer and work in Safe Mode so that I could restore the operating system to a date when my computer worked fine.  I was all too familiar with this process because it was, if I remember correctly, the last step I did last month when the Microsoft technical support person (Madhu) helped me resolve my Trojan malware situation.  Doing it on my own, the restore process didn’t successfully happen right away.  I tried two more times and on the third attempt, I finally saw the restore process pushing forward.  Fortunately, the computer virus wasn’t serious enough that the restore process couldn’t fix the problem.  If a vicious virus got into my computer, I’m sure that professional technical help would have been in order.

I shared with my BFF (Josie) the wonderful news of my Easter Sunday “miracle.”  We are both proponents of counting our blessings and for me that computer-fix-without-help-from-the-techie incident was certainly an amazing grace to feel grateful for.  Yesterday I couldn’t help but say “Thank You, Jesus” throughout my day.  I thanked Him not only for sacrificing Himself on the cross to save mankind, but for always helping me get out of my hole and staying with me during cloudy days.

Jesus is a wonderful God-Friend.  My hope is that everyone everywhere can find the time to spend moments with Him.  No one will ever feel lost with Him in our life!