"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Friday, February 24, 2012

Friendship quotes (Part 4)


More inspirational words about the tie that binds... and bonds.
 

I thank my God every time I remember you.
In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy.
~ Philippians 1:3-4 NIV ~

Who we are is connected to those we love
and to those who have influenced us toward goodness.
~ Christopher De Vinck ~

A mile walked with a friend contains only a hundred steps.
~ Russian Proverb ~

Line by line, moment by moment,
special times are etched into our memories
in the the permanent ink of everlasting
love in our relationships.
~ Gloria Gaither ~

Our best friends are the ones who pack easily
and travel well on the road of life.
~ Lois Wyse ~

Friends help us feel secure.
Our footing is surer when we know that someone
accepts us as we are, someone has
our best interests at heart, someone is
always glad to see us, someone plans to stick around.
There are few blessings like the blessing of a friend.
~ Emilie Barnes and Donna Otto ~

I’d like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me,
I’d like to be the help that you’ve been always glad to be;
I’d like to mean as much to you each minute of the day
As you have meant, old friend of mine, to me along the way.
~ Edgar A. Guest ~

The language of friendship is not words but meaning.
~ Henry David Thoreau ~

What brings joy to the heart is not so much the friend’s gifts
as the friend’s love.
~ St. Ailred of Rievaulx

Meeting someone for the first time is like going on a treasure hunt.
What wonderful worlds we can find in others!
~ Edward E. Ford ~

Your best friend is the person who brings out of you
the best that is within you.
~ Henry Ford ~

Let us outdo each other in being helpful
and kind to each other and in doing good.
~ Hebrews TLB ~

Friendship, gift of heavens, pleasure of great souls!
~ Voltaire ~

I thank God far more for friends
than for my daily bread---for friendship is
the bread of the heart.
 ~ Mary Mitford ~

Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart,
and the pleasantness of one’s friend
springs from his earnest counsel.
~ Proverbs 27:9 NIV ~

Every house where love abides
and friendship is a guest
is surely home,
and home sweet home;
for there the heart can rest.
~ Henry Van Dyke ~

The true way and the sure way to friendship
is through humility---being open to each other,
accepting each other just as we are,
knowing each other.
~ Mother Teresa ~

It is by loving, and not by being loved,
that one can come nearest the soul of another.
 ~ George MacDonald ~

I breathed a song into the air;
It fell to earth, I know not where…
and the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.
~ Longfellow ~

A cheerful friend is like a sunny day,
which sheds its brightness on all around.
~ John Lubbock ~

Don’t walk in front of me,
I may not follow.
Don’t walk behind me,
I may not lead.
Walk beside me and just be my friend.
~ Albert Camus ~