"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Friday, February 3, 2012

Labor pains... giraffe style

My BFF Josie forwarded the link below capturing an amazing event at the Memphis Zoo (in the U.S.A.)... the birth of a baby giraffe.  Thanks, Girl Friend!

My gratitude to the anonymous person who recorded this interesting and informative happening and shared it with the world.  Folks who have seen it are probably as awed as I was by the grace and calm that a giraffe handles labor pains.  No screaming and cursing like some women I know!

When Josie experienced labor pains before Adam's (my godson's) birth, her husband Roger requested her to please not make a scene in English, but in their native language.  That way no one would know what she's mad about.  (The men who caused the pregnancy are typically verbally assaulted in the delivery rooms.)  Fortunately, Josie ended getting a C-Section and avoided embarassing herself. 

Warning:  Graphic!