"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Unanswered prayers

There is a very familiar saying, “When a door closes, a window opens”… “when God closes a door, somewhere He opens a window.”

How many times have we prayed… and prayed… and PRAYED that a wish would come true, but it never becomes our reality?  We feel disappointed, depressed, abandoned, even unappreciated. The truth is, the non-fulfillment of that fervent wish is God’s answer to our prayer.  Obviously, the thing that we were wanting to happen in our life must not be good for us.  Nor will it make our life better as we had hoped.

If we make it a habit to tune in to our surroundings, we might be more cognizant of the divine response that are sent our way… the alternative measure… the window that God opens to compensate for the closed door.  Unfortunately, many times we are stubborn in our thinking or dead set on getting what we want that nothing else is good enough.

I have had my share of what I used to think were unanswered prayers.   Now I know better.  When what I pray for doesn’t come to pass, I let it be.  Maybe God doesn’t want me to get it because I remain undeserving of such grace.  Or perhaps the time isn’t right.  Most likely, what I thought I need or want isn’t the solution to the problem.

We can only pray for things that we hope will make life better.  But I have learned that surrendering matters to the Good Lord is the best, and only, way to go.  In doing this, I relieve myself of the burden of disappointment and heartache when what I pray for doesn’t bring the joy that will rock my world.  I also know that come what may, there is a window that will bring in the fresh air that the closed door has blocked from coming into my life.

As we know, GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!