"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Monday, October 31, 2011

Fallen leaves

I can't help it if I'm mad about autumn.

The fall landscape inspires me to not only feel awed by the predominance of the red-orange-brown-yellow colors of foliage, but also to look forward to the dawn of exciting beginnings and abundant blessings.

On chilly days as I navigate the cemented paths, stepping over crispy, crunchy golden leaves, I feel a sense of renewed hope, not only for my personal well-being, but for the citizens of the universe.  Although our planet is painfully going through a bitter struggle in just about every aspect of living, we must never ignore the promise of seeing a rainbow after the rain.  Someone once assured me that it is when we feel so much hardship and on the verge of the breaking point when a breakthrough is bound to happen.  I believe it!  I've known this to be the truth in my own personal reality.  I know that painful episodes come into our life for a reason... and to bring lessons to be learned.

Nowadays I feel great pleasure in simply savoring the scenery that autumn brings.  Just walking through paths adorned with plentiful trees, never mind that the leaves have fallen off the branches, enjoying the orange Halloween colors, and basking in the knowledge that Mother Nature's once lush and green growth die every year to make way for the rebirth and the thriving of life next spring. 

So what if we have to put up with chilly temperatures and snow-blanketed landscape in the next few months?  After the coming winter, we'll be seeing the spring of new life and the dawn of hope.  Birds will come out of hibernation to chirp their joy.  In the meantime, no one can stop me from getting drunk in the crimson and golden beauty of the fall.  For me this is a season that gives reason to look forward and savor joy.

For everyone living in four-season climates, celebrate the laid-back pace of this time.  For many folks, it's the craziest period they have to put up with... the frantic pre-holiday shopping sprees... the endless reunions with the people in their lives... the hectic long distance travel to places to be with families and friends. 

For the unemployed among us, it is a time to take stock of our human assets... to pinpoint our natural resources that we can bring to the table.  It is most likely a sad time to not be gainfully employed these days, considering that the holiday season is not far away, but if you set your mind on getting hired, it just might become your reality.

I believe that the Good Lord brought us the four seasons so that we can pause and reflect on how the change of scenery can impact our lives.  It's a very profound idea.

Be autumn merry!

photo credit:  unknown