"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Daily Companion prayers (Part 3)

More from my Daily Companion...


Act of Contrition

     O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended You.  I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell, but most of all because they offend You, my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love.  I firmly resolve with the help of Your grace to confess my sins, to do penance and to amend my life.  Amen.


Come, Holy Spirit

 Come, Holy Spirit,
fill the hearts of Your faithful
and kindle in them
the fire of Your love.


Prayer of Mother Teresa
(Blessed Teresa of Calcutta)

Make us worthy, Lord,
to serve our fellow human beings
throughout the world
who live and die in poverty and hunger,
Give them through our hands this day
their daily bread,
and by understanding love,
give peace and joy.  Amen.



Psalm 23

     The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  In verdant pastures, He gives me repose; beside restful waters He leads me; He refreshes my soul.

     He guides me in right paths for His Name's sake.  Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for You are at my side, with Your rod and staff that give me courage.

     You spread the table before me in the sight of my foes; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

     Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for years to come.


The Jesus Prayer

Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God,
have mercy on me, a sinner!