"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Daily Companion prayers (Part 2)

More from my Daily Companion...

Prayer Before a Crucifix

     Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus, while before Your Face I humbly kneel; and with burning soul I pray and beseech You to fix deep in my heart lively sentiments of Faith, Hope and Charity, true contrition for my sins and a firm purpose of amendment.  I contemplate with great love and tender pity your five wounds, pondering upon them within me, calling to mind the words which David Your prophet said of You, my Jesus, "They have pierced My Hands and My Feet; they have numbered all My Bones."


Anima Christi

Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from Christ's side, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strenghten me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Your Wounds hide me.
Suffer me not to be separated from you.
From the malicious enemy defend me.
In the hour of my death call me and bid me come unto You.
That I may praise You and Your saints
and with Your angels forever and ever.  Amen.


Prayer of St. Ignatius

Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty,
     my memory, my understanding
     and my entire will.
You have given me whatever I am or
     possess.  I give it back to You to be
     entirely subject to Your Will.
Only give me Your love and Your grace.
     With these I am rich enough and ask for
     nothing more.  Amen.