"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Prayers for Thanksgiving

This is the week of Thanksgiving, an annual occasion dedicated to giving thanks and feeling blessed for God's graces in our lives. 

Personally, I celebrate Thanksgiving each day of my life, saying thanks to the Good Lord for allowing me to wake up with all my body parts in good condition.

If anyone needs help with the words of gratitude, below are some prayers for your convenience...

A PRAYER OF GRATITUDE FOR GOD'S BLESSINGS


O Lord and Vivifier, Your grace has achieved for us all that You had spoken and promised. Grant us access to the place of Your peace. For You are our Vivifier, You are our Consoler, You are our life Remedy, You are our Standard of Victory.
Blessed are we, O Lord, because we have known You!
Blessed are we, because we have believed in You!
Blessed are we, because we bear Your wounds and the sign of Your Blood on our contenances!
Blessed are we, because You are our great hope!
Blessed are we, because You are our
God forever!

PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING


O God, of Whose mercies there is no number, and of Whose goodness the treasure is infinite; we render thanks to Your most gracious majesty for the gifts You have bestowed upon us, evermore beseeching Your clemency, that as You grant the petitions of them that ask You, You will never forsake them, but will prepare for the reward to come. Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

THANKSGIVING PRAYER


Father in Heaven, Creator of all and source of all goodness and love, please look kindly upon us and receive our heartfelt gratitude in this time of giving thanks.
Thank you for all the graces and blessings You have bestowed upon us, spiritual and temporal: our faith and religious heritage, our food and shelter, our health, the loves we have for one another, our family and friends.
Dear Father, in Your infinite generosity, please grant us continued graces and
blessing throughout the coming year.

This we ask in the Name of Jesus, Your Son and our Brother.
Amen.

THANKS FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS


Blessed are You, loving Father, For all your gifts to us. Blessed are You for giving us family and friends To be with us in times of joy and sorrow, To help us in days of need, And to rejoice with us in moments of celebration.

Father, We praise You for Your Son Jesus, Who knew the happiness of family and friends, And in the love of Your Holy Spirit. Blessed are you for ever and ever.
Amen.

PRAYER OF THANKS FOR PEOPLE


God of Love, I thank You for the people in my life who are easy to love. I thank You for my family and friends who understand my actions, who support me in my decisions, and whose presence can lift the burden of a thorny day.

Help me with those who are difficult to love. When they come at me with criticism and wild expectations, when they ignore me or try to bend me to their will, let me recognize their flaws and their dangers. But then let me remember your attitude toward them, and lead me to see them in the light of Your love.
Amen.

THANKS TO MY GUARDIAN ANGEL


O Angel of God, my blessed protector, to whose care I have been committed by my Creator from the moment of my birth, unite with me in thanking the Almighty for having given me a friend, and instructor, an advocate, and a guardian in thee.

Accept, O most charitable guide, my fervent thanksgiving for all thou hast done for me; particularly for the charity with which thou didst undertake to accompany me through life; for the joy with which thou wert filled when I was purified in the waters of Baptism; and for thy anxious solicitude in watching over the treasure of my innocence.

Thou knowest the numberless graces and favors which my Creator has bestowed on me through thee, and the many dangers, both spiritual and temporal from which thou hast preserved me.
Thou knowest how often thou didst deplore my sins, animate me to repentance, and intercede with
God for my pardon.

Ah! why have I so little merited a continuance of thy zealous efforts for my salvation?
Why have I so often stained my soul by sin, and thereby rendered myself unworthy of the presence and protection of an angel, of so pure a spirit as thou art, who never sinned?

But as my ingratitude and thoughtlessness have not lessened thy charitable interest for my salvation, so neither shall they diminish my confidence in thy goodness, nor prevent me from abandoning myself to thy care, since God Himself has entrusted thee with the charge of my soul.

Penetrated with sorrow for the little progress I have made in virtue, though blessed with such a Master, and sincerely determined to correspond in future with thy exertions for my salvation, I most earnestly entreat thee, O protecting spirit, to continue thy zealous efforts for my eternal interest; to fortify my weakness, to shield me from innumerable dangers of the world and to obtain by thy powerful prayers that my life may rather be shortened, than that I should live to commit a mortal sin.

Remember, O most happy spirit, that it was one act of profound humility, and one transport of ardent love for thy Creator, that caused God to establish thee forever in glory; obtain that those virtues may be implanted in my soul, and that I may seriously endeavor to acquire docility, obedience, gentleness and purity of heart.

Conduct me safely through this world of sin and misery; watch over me at the awful hour of my death; perform for my soul the last charitable office of thy mission, by strengthening, encouraging, and supporting me in the agonies of dissolution, and then, as the angel Raphael conducted Tobias safely to his father, do thou, my good angel and blessed guide, return with me to Him who sent thee, that we may mutually bless Him, and publish His wonderful works for a happy eternity.
Amen.