"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Browsing the future

Not too long ago, I posted “Reaping the havest”, not really expecting to get any feedback.  Was I pleasantly surprised when my brother sent me an e-mail informing me how the piece touched his core.  The story was a work of fiction, but it left a beautiful lesson that self sacrifice can bring an unexpected bountiful reward

When I started blogging right after Thanksgiving 2010, my primary purpose was (1) to share with my invisible audience my thoughts, idiosyncracies and ideas; and (2) to, hopefully, touch a nerve.  I figured that if I could move even one mind or, better yet, uplift a single spirit, my job was absolutely done!

In my blogging posts, I’ve always tried to maintain a positive energy (except when sharing news of a real life tragedy), trying my very best to stay away from the muddy waters of negativity.  Many years from now, I’d like to be able to look back and pat myself on the back for taking the high road.  The unfortunate truth is that there are many people out there who thrive on saying the ugliest of things and painting the darkest of pictures instead of taking the opportunity to sow seeds of optimism and kindness.

We have been blessed with the advantages of the world wide web to use for common goodness, not destruction.  The very sad reality is that many apparently disturbed minds utilize the power of the Internet to wreck havoc, even evil, wasting a precious opportunity to spread goodwill.  Perhaps it’s due to the absence of a God in their lives, and if that’s the case, we should lift them up in our prayers. 

If today is the last day of our life, and we have this final chance to leave a lasting impression, what would it be? 

Freeze that thought.