"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Thursday, July 28, 2011

Prayers to become a better human being

People might think that they can’t help how they behave, feel and think.  But when we are aware of our flaws and recognize our personal demons, there is a way to make ourselves better! 

Prayers, or having daily conversations with our God, can help get us out of that dark hole of far-from-shining human qualities.  As the wise saying goes, if there’s a will, there’s a way!

A PRAYER FOR GRACE
O my God and my all, in Thy goodness and mercy, grant that before I die I may regain all the graces which I have lost through my carelessness and folly.
Permit me to attain the degree of
merit
and perfection to which Thou didst desire to lead me, and which I failed by my unfaithfulness to reach.
Mercifully grant also that others regain the graces which they have lost through my fault. This I humbly beg through the merits of the Sacred Heart of
Jesus
and Immaculate Virgin Mary.
Amen.

A PRAYER TO BE GENEROUS

Teach me, Lord Jesus, to be generous: to serve You as You deserve; to give, not counting the cost; to fight, not heeding the wounds; to toil, not asking for rest; to labor, not seeking any reward, save that of knowing that we do Your will.
Amen.

PRAYER FOR THE VIRTUE OF CHARITY
http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php?p=1554

Jesus, Impeccable Judge of mankind, Generous Allocator of all blessings, Thank you for the virtue of charity. Grant me the strength to model after You, Refraining from any acts of judging others, To generously share with those in need. Erase any weaknesses of my human nature, Allowing my soul to shine as the morning sun. By Your grace may my charity towards others Truly reflect Your eternal quintessence, Engendering marvellous spiritual fruits. Blessed be Your Glorious Name!

A PRAYER FOR GUIDANCE
http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php?p=1271

Lord Jesus, may everything I do begin with You, continue with Your help, and be done under Your guidance. May my sharing in the Mass free me from my sins, and make me worthy of Your healing. May I grow in Your Love and Your service, and become a pleasing offering to You; and with You to Your Father. May the mystery I celebrate help me to reach eternal life with you.
A PRAYER FOR PERSEVERANCE
http://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php?p=1707

Lord Jesus Christ, I believe in You as my God and my Saviour. Make me more faithful to Your Gospel and commandments. By sharing in the Eucharist, may I come to live more fully in the life You have given me. Keep Your Love alive within my heart and soul so that I may become worthy of You. Teach me to value and be thankful for all of Your Gifts. Help us to strive for eternal life.
A PRAYER FOR THE VIRTUE OF COMPASSION

Compassionate and merciful Jesus, My heart longs for Your perfection. Not only do You share in my sufferings, You have voluntarily accepted them. Your proficiency at perceiving my soul Is compared to reading large fonts in a book: Nothing is hidden from Your panorama! Your merciful nature knows my intentions. Considering my continuous weaknesses, You are dedicated to the cause of my salvation. Jesus, You are most kind and forgiving: You are the proven Lord of compassion!

PRAYER TO AMEND ONE'S WAYS


O Master, Lord Jesus Christ, You patiently endured our sins, and were hung upon the life giving wood. You opened a way to paradise for the penitent thief and crushed Death by Your death. Now forgive the trespasses that we Your servants have committed, unworthy sinners that we are. We have sinned indeed and transgressed Your law. We are unworthy even to lift up our eyes to heaven, for we have abandoned the path of Your holiness and pursued the desires of our hearts. But now we implore Your immense goodness. Spare us, 0 Lord in the multitude of Your mercies; save us for the sake of Your most Holy Name. Our days were spent in vanity; rest us from the hands of our enemy, and forgive our sins. Subdue in us the cravings of our flesh, so that, after putting off the old self, we may put on the new and live for You, our Lord and Benefactor; and that, obeying Your commandments, we may reach eternal repose in the place where all the blessed abide; for You are truly Joy and Delight to those who love You, 0 Christ our God. We send up glory to You, and to Your eternal Father, and to Your all-holy, gracious, and life-giving Spirit, now and ever, and forever.
Amen.