"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Prayers for assistance in dire circumstances


What the world needs now is prayers… prayers... prayers!  If everyone will believe in the power of praying, perhaps we’ll see more smiles from people, less financially burdened and anguished souls... a comfortably peaceful world.


IN TIME OF NEED

Heavenly Father, in my present need, help me to believe that you are a wave of my anxiety and will do what is best for me. Give me the strength to trust you and put the present and future in your hands. Grant this through Christ, our Lord.

PRAYER IN TIME OF SUFFERING

Behold me, my beloved Jesus, weighed down under the burden of my trials and sufferings, I cast myself at Your feet, that You may renew my strength and my courage, while I rest here in Your Presence. Permit me to lay down my cross in Your Sacred Heart, for only Your infinite goodness can sustain me; only Your love can help me bear my cross; only Your powerful hand can lighten its weight. O Divine King, Jesus, whose heart is so compassionate to the afflicted, I wish to live in You; suffer and die in You. During my life be to me my model and my support; At the hour of my death, be my hope and my refuge.
Amen.

PRAYER IN TIME OF ILLNESS

Lord Jesus, you came into the world to heal our infirmities and to endure our sufferings. You went about healing all and bringing comfort to those in pain and need. We come before you now in this time of illness asking that you may be the source of our strength in body, courage in spirit and patience in pain. May we join ourselves more closely to you on the cross and in your suffering that through them we may draw our patience and hope. Assist us and restore us to health so that united more closely to your family, the Church, we may give praise and honour to your name.
Amen.
PRAYER IN TIME OF SICKNESS
O Jesus, You suffered and died for us; You understand suffering; Teach me to understand my suffering as You do; To bear it in union with You; To offer it with You to atone for my sins And to bring Your grace to souls in need. Calm my fears; increase my trust. May I gladly accept Your holy will and become more like You in trial. If it be Your will, restore me to health so that I may work for Your honor and glory and the salvation of all men.
Amen.