"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sweet surrender

Was it my favorite therapist, Dr. Oprah Winfrey, or the Prosperity Minister (Joel Osteen) who taught me to surrender each challenge and every despair into the Hands of the Almighty Father?  From either one or both I learned that when burdens get too heavy to bear, the best way to confront the problem is to surrender the load to the Good Lord.

During the most painful phase in my life, I did just that.  Look where I am now!

Below is a prayer for people who want their Invisible Friend and Father to carry their unbearable hardships (http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/prayers/Abandonment.htm).

Prayer of Abandonment

Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.

Let only your will be done in me,
and in all your creatures -
I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul:
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father.

Charles de Foucauld



 
A Short Prayer

Lord help me
to remember
that nothing
is going to happen
to me today that You and I
together can't handle.

Amen.