"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Saturday, February 12, 2011

Our loves in past lives

My cyber mailbox has become a spam universe.  I’ve had my e-mail address for nine years now and over time, spammers have found their way into my cyber space.  Most of the unwanted mail end up in my Junk folder, but quite often, a few are able to sneak in.

The messages I receive from the psychics aren’t spam though.  Not too long ago, I signed up for my daily horoscope.  Since then I’ve been the recipient of really interesting stuff featured in their daily newsletter.

February being the love month, the information I get from the psychics are more interesting than usual.  So with your indulgence, I’d like to share them as they come to me.  Recently, I received an article about reincarnated people who have been romantically involved in a previous lifetime.  Could someone among us be among them?

Were You Lovers in a Previous Life?

February 8, 2011 at 11:00 am
By Taryn Galewind

Have you met and grown to be lovers in another time and place before this life? What an intriguing question. Songs croon “I can’t remember where or when…” Movies like Somewhere in Time let us glimpse the romance of having passed this way before. It isn’t out of the realm of the possible, but how do you know you’ve crossed paths before?

The best way to determine if you have been together in other lives is to have a past life reading done by an authentic psychic. The process is straightforward, without using hypnosis as you would for a past life regression. A regression attempts to put you back into the memories of a past life. A reading mostly uses palmistry, Tarot, numerology, or astrology to uncover and consider components of your past life.

There are clues in your life that might encourage you to seek out a professional who can read your incarnations.

Let’s look at a few.
1. There’s an irresistible feeling that someone is missing from your life. You feel strongly there is a one-and-only true lover out there waiting for you. Then you meet him.

2. You’ve met someone and it’s love at first sight and no mistaking it. You both feel a sudden attraction that has nothing to do with physicality. It’s unexplainable.

3. You and your partner experience the same or a very similar dream. If this happens, before you share the whole thing with each other, separate and write the dream down in the clearest detail you can.

4. There are things you know about each other that you can’t explain. She loves daisies, can’t abide roses, and you instinctively buy her daisies. He’s crazy about Bach and for some reason, the first gift you gave him was Advent Cantatas.

5. When you first made love or became intimate there was no shyness. You felt as if you had been this way before. The feel and scent of your lover’s body wasn’t new to you.

6. You love talking to each other and listening to each other—you share many values and ideas. You often complete each other’s thoughts.

7. There is/was no discussion of becoming a couple. You had no details to work out. You just knew you completed each other.

8. People comment on how incredibly compatible you are, and they said that from the moment you met.

9. You know where your partner is simply by intuition. If he or she is in trouble, you know that, too.

10. Oddly, disharmony mixed with a feeling of commitment is a strong clue. You disagree often, feel at odds, or easily become testy with each other. Yet the love is real. You may be working out issues from a long distant past.

No one can prove whether we live multiple times on this planet. Past lives aren’t new thinking, and the idea of reincarnation isn’t scoffed at by all scientists. World religions and philosophies maintain that living many lives helps us work out our issues and attain spiritual maturity. You can’t know for sure that you have gently grown with each other in some previous time, but it could be very enlightening to explore the possibilities.

I’ve often been very curious about the past life regression process.  I feel confident in thinking that I might have been an old soul.  Unfortunately, I haven’t mustered the guts to go through the experience as I’m rather scared of hypnosis.  The hypnotist and me alone in a room while a somewhat disjointed me mumble things from the past?  Somehow the mere thought gives me the creeps.  But, maybe, just maybe, I’ll do it one of these days... the adventurous spirit that I am!