"If I can lift you up when you're down, I would have done a very good job! Thank you for dropping by."



Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thank goodness, Bachelor Brad finally woke up!

It couldn’t have happened sooner.  Michelle, the woman who annoyed me nonstop with her on-camera self-flattering confessions, made her ungracious exit from the Caribbean’s Anguilla island in the last episode, giving Bachelor Brad a dose of her uncharacteristic silent treatment.  This is the woman who, from the moment she had a chance on camera, told the world that she was Brad’s bride.  She wanted all the women to leave because she would eventually end up with Brad anyway.  Well, her walk of shame to the “Rejected” limo made her look like a woman in a bitter divorce, not exactly the picture of someone who was heartbroken.  Since she talked her way through the episodes, her stinging silence on her final night was unexpected and uncomfortable.

I don’t wish to sound unkind, and I certainly felt her pain, but Michelle rubbed everyone the wrong way.  Maybe it was the ultra aggressive style she went about to catch Brad’s attention.  Or the fact that she had a way with words that simply irritated.  For the longest time, I believed that Michelle might be "The Bachelor" producers' "plant" to add spice, intrigue and conflict.  If the unsavory rumors now surfacing are credible, my suspicion was right all along.

The good news is that Brad Womack is now down to four spouse material women who will have him visit their hometowns and meet their families.  Hopefully, I will prove my hunch right because the preview for the next episode was very telling to me.  When he told one of the women that he was “looking at homes” in her hometown, I think I just heard the magic words.  Those three words I interpreted as looking for a place to settle down.  We’ll soon see!

After the last episode Anguilla should have tourists flocking to enjoy its pure, unadulterated, peaceful scenery.  The intoxicating blue and aquamarine waters and white sand beaches are food for the soul.  Even if the last episode disappointed with all the over-the-top drama from the women, the dating venues astounded!  “The Bachelor” may not have a good track record of long-lasting matched relationships, but the show is succeeding in promoting tourist getaways.

No matter how “The Bachelor” ends, whether Brad finds his lady love or not, the only sure winners in this television franchise are the network producers. They brought to our TV screens the lovely places from the tourism brochures and most likely got handsomely compensated for their advertising efforts.

I've been hearing many unlovely behind-the-scene news about this season of "The Bachelor," but until the information is proven to be gospel truth, I consider it merely pure speculation.  The juicy tidbits don't make Brad look good.  Until proven true, I'll watch the show like a hopeful romantic waiting for the fairy tale to unfold.

To Brad and the ladies:  May the taping of this season allowed you to enjoy the time spent wherever the network had taken you.  When real life takes over, it will be a completely different ball game.  Good luck to everyone.  I hope that “The Bachelor” experience wasn’t a waste of time for you all.  May it be the start of a really exciting future. 
Thank you for keeping my Monday evenings entertained!